Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing like the Fall

The kids and I joined Jared and the rest of his "hunting buddies" on the skyline for Friday and Saturday of the muzzeload hunt. We, of course, didn't hunt. That would require getting up early and suffering from the cold. I will take none of that. We slept warm, cozy, and late in the trailer.

The Fall colors were incredible. I couldn't resist stopping to take pictures the whole way down. Jared loved that - he was pulling the trailer and having to stop at very narrow places, but it was worth it. I wished I would have had clean clothes for the kids and had them take a shower before we left. They are a little dirty - we were camping after all. Oh well, you get the idea.






These are for those of you with the unlucky misfortune of not living in God's country.

8 comments:

Mist said...

Those pictures make me homesick! It is pretty here but there's no place like home right! It was so fun to read your comment! I am so glad to be in touch with you! Your kids have really grown up! I can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like we just stopped in at Food Ranch before heading to practice blasting Cher. Do you remember that? I am glad you are doing well. You have always been such a great friend! Enjoy the rest of the fall in Emery County for me!

Scottie and Tasha said...

I agree I miss Fall in the E.C. What mountain are you on?

Shanae Butler said...

Misty,
I miss you, practice, and I also miss Cher a little bit. :-)
Tasha,
I knew it would make you all a little home sick, sorry. We were coming off the skyline. It took us forever because I kept stopping to take pictures.

J A BUTLER FAMILY said...

those pics are so cute.
xoxo!

Sean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

I am so happy you found nice looking leaves after running into darkness at the cabin.

Joy said...

way cute pictures!

nancy said...

Hey Shay, I was blog browsing. I haven't been home in about 2 years and it made me super homesick. I can't wait to visit in a few weeks.

Happy New year and Merry christmas