Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh! The envy


Kolton got his retainer yesterday! He was ear-to-ear smiles on the way to the orthodontist's office. Apparently teeth-adjustment apparatuses is the hot look in 4th grade. Anyone who is anybody has braces or a retainer at the minimum.

Once we got back, Kabri and Koby could hardly stand it. I tried to tell them that braces and retainers are painful. But, they were still convinced they weren't painful enough to not still want them. . . . until Kolton then came up about a half hour after going to bed crying because his teeth hurt. A little tylenol and he was back on his way to "keeping his cool" as he put it.

7 comments:

Danyale said...

He looks exactly like Jared in that picture. EXACTLY!! Handsome man. Hey when are you coming up? I finally got you photo slide show to work, so cute. Did you take the photos (the ones you are not in)?

Shanae Butler said...

I am coming up to see Reba in concert tonight. Why don't we do lunch? I took all of them. I set the camera on a tripod.

Tara said...

Holy cow! I've never seen SO many posts in one week! Tell Kolton he is sooo cute! Briley and Brody will be jealous too!
Tara

Jessica said...

Wow Shanae.... look at you!!! I am so very impressed... you have changed the look... posted more than twice in a month!! HEHE - I am just giving you a hard time. I too love all the family pics. You are so talented.. but we knew that. I was glad to see some pics of you. You look AWESOME by the way!!! Have fun at Reba.. I guess I oughta break down and get Mick a retainer for his bad teeth too huh? I didn't realize we do things this young!!

griffin gossip said...

Retainers Already!! Why is is when kids get braces, all the kids want them. When kids break their arm, all the kids break want to break their arms. Who knowS! Oh, I can totally get you a goat. He is even selling a pot belly pig! You can borrow Mylie too. HA! We had cows last week. Brink was it. So that left me, His partner to help!!! SOrry. So will be there this week and the weeks after. I tell Brink I am not much of a cowgirl but he thinks I am amazing I guess!!!! Not so much! karen

Mist said...

That is so funny. I remember wanting braces and a retainer. My friends and I would make fake ones out of paper clips. Dorks I know! Your family pictures are amazing- so beautiful. You look just the same! How was the concert? It sounds like so much fun!It is official our kids are growing up!!

Joy said...

I remember thinking they were awesome! I use to make some homemade ones. True story! Oh the craziness of being a kid!